Friday, October 30, 2009

Over Easy

DSC00112 DSC00110
the big breakfast

Brunch has always been a favourite of mine (assuming that I actually wake up for it), and Over Easy is a popular location located on Bloor between St.George and Avenue. Being close to the UofT campus and Yorkville, I noticed a lot of students and business people upon walking in. Also, realizing that it IS located on Bloor and close to Yorkville, I did expect the prices to be higher (which I was correct). The menu includes your typical breakfast/brunch dishes along with a few different ones, which you will read in a moment.

I ordered the big breakfast ($10.99 + tax), which consists of 3 eggs (any style), 3 sausages, homes fries, baked beans, pancake and 2 slices of bread. This may sound a lot but I must say, I wasn’t stuffed when I finished my meal. Taste-wise, it was only average in my opinion, having the same quality as any other brunch places around town. One thing I thought was different, though, was the baked beans, an odd addition to a brunch meal. My girlfriend ordered the skillet ($9.99 + tax) and this was something different that you don’t really see in other places. This dish contains green peppers, onions, sausages, mushrooms, potatoes and cheese mixed together into a plate topped off with 2 sunny side up eggs. Somewhat out of the ordinary, this dish tasted… funny… is what I would describe it. To me, it tasted like an oriental dish with its green peppers and onions and mushrooms, but yet, there are sunny side up eggs and cheese. However, overall, my girlfriend thought that it tasted weird but for those who are willing to try, this might be good.

Over Easy is a decent brunch place if you are ever in the area. Actually, there isn’t a lot of restaurants along that strip of Bloor to begin with, making Over Easy the ONLY brunch place in the area, unless you include the uber-expensive Yorkville restaurants. With your choices being limited, Over Easy does become a nice place to have brunch with your friends and family.

DSC00111the skillet

Over Easy
208 Bloor St. W.
Toronto, ON
RATING:
thumbs_side

Update: I realized that I'm quite unfamiliar with the brunch scene as numerous other places also serve baked beans and the skillet. Oh well, mistake learned.

3 comments:

  1. I hope that pancake was better than the ones we got at eggsmart that time leo lol... dunno how you finished those man! they were sooo dry! but that big breakfast looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all u need is a lot of syrup lol
    n that pancake was alrite... gonna try cora's cuz im startin to like pancakes a lot too

    ReplyDelete
  3. psssh starting?! you mean you don't love pancakes now!? lol... and too much syrup is nasty man! then it gets all soggy... you think the one at kennedy and 7 will be better?

    ReplyDelete