Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Daybreak

IMAG0015 IMAG0016
Eggs Benedict/Mushroom-Chicken Crepe

Jon recommended this place to me one day when I was feeling for brunch. Located in the southeast corner of Church and Carlton, this restaurant offers decent food at an above average portion for a breakfast joint. Just to note about this particular place is that it seems to be independently owned (not a franchise like Cora’s or Sunset Grill) and EVERY dish you order (aside from pancakes) comes with two complementary pancakes (thumbs up for that!).

Feeling hungry as I walked in, I decided to order the Eggs Benedict (recommended by Jon at $8.95 + tax) while my girlfriend ordered the Mushroom-Chicken Crepe ($9.95 + tax). The eggs benedict was average, as I have tried better ones elsewhere (more on that later). It came with fries as a side dish, but that was dry and I didn’t really like it. My girlfriend’s crepe was very creamy, with bits of mushrooms, chicken and vegetables. I personally liked the creamy taste of the crepe, but my girlfriend thinks that it’s too creamy and it was a bit cold. Otherwise, the taste was good for the crepe.

So, if you’re ever in the area, give this place a try. However, a Cora’s opened up closed to it recently on Carlton. The choice is yours.

Daybreak
399 Church St.
Toronto, ON
RATING:
Breaking the rules for this one… between thumbs_side andthumbs_up

3 comments:

  1. oh right... shudve gave it a higher rating for the 2 free pancakes haha but meh... gonna be a russian judge on this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm..i just drooled a little :3

    ReplyDelete