Monday, October 19, 2009

Chicken & Noodles Chinese Restaurant

IMG_0034 IMG_0035 Noodle in spicy peanut butter soup/ Fried slice glutinous cake/ Taiwanese A Choy

The search for the best beef noodle soup in Toronto continues as I ventured into this place Jon’s dad recommended before. Located at the intersection of Glen Watford and Sheppard, Chicken & Noodles Chinese Restaurant first surprised me by its name. Considering that it’s called “chicken & noodles”, how would the beef noodle taste good? I would say that from the name, the chicken would be better tasting.

Still, I sat down and ordered a variety of dishes. One thing to note about this place is that the dishes were quite inexpensive, cheaper than your average Chinese restaurant. The noodle in spicy peanut butter soup ($3.50 + tax) is what I ordered aside from the beef noodle soup while my girlfriend ordered the fried slice glutinous cake ($5.95 + tax) and Taiwanese A Choy ($6.95 + tax). The peanut butter soup was decent, but I would prefer if the soup was thicker. On the other hand, the glutinous cake was quite chewy and to my liking. The Taiwanese A Choy was the least favourite, mainly due to the fact that the A Choy wasn’t authentic Taiwanese A Choy to begin with (according to my girlfriend) and it was overcooked.

IMG_0036At last, beef noodle soup

Finally, the beef noodle soup ($4.95 + tax). To be honest, the beef noodle soup was not good. The only decent thing about this dish is the beef, which was very tender (possibly because it was beef shank). The noodles, however, tasted like udon and the texture is below average comparing with other noodles. To top it off, there weren’t a lot of pieces of beef, disproportioning the ratio.

So, if you’re in the area and looking for something cheap but average, give Chicken & Noodle Chinese Restaurant a try. You get what you paid for, and for sure I’ll be looking somewhere else to satisfy my taste buds.

IMG_0032

Chicken & Noodle Chinese Restaurant
1 Glen Watford Drive
Scarborough, ON
RATING: thumbs_side

2 comments:

  1. Yea, they use the beef shank there...and I was pretty disappointed with the beef noodle soup too

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo i've been here too place is so ghetto and sketchy lol foods not that amazing either theres another shanghai place accross on sheppard at the other plaza thats better imo

    ReplyDelete