Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Nguyen Huong

qq

Banh mi, Viet subs, ambiguous meat buns...whatever you want to call it, they're one of the best meals $1.75 can buy and Nguyen Huong is the best place to get them at. Located in chinatown just north of dundas/spadina, just look for the yellow sign. Better than Mcdonalds, better than street meet, better than alot of things...if you're on a budget or just plain cheap, this is the ultimate cheap lunch.

Banh mi ($1.75 no tax) comes in spicy or non spicy. I usually get the non spicy and it's what I got that day. Inside there's pickled radish, pickled carrots, pâté, cilantro, some sort of special butter and uhh the meat! But if you're wondering what kind of meat it is, I don't know...I'm not even 100% sure what animal it comes from (though I'm pretty sure it's all pig) but trust me it tastes delicious. They were a little skimpy on the meat though and it's usually packed with alot more.

Cheap, tasty, unidentifiable meat? If that's not a winning combination I don't know what is...side note, I practically lived off these for a week once and I'm still not sick of them, in fact that was one of the greatest weeks ever.

qq
banh mi

Nguyen Huong
322 Spadina Avenue
Toronto, ON
RATING: the very prestigious

3 comments:

  1. damn Jon I was gonna do the double thumbs up later on... beat me to it

    ReplyDelete
  2. man, my parents buy me that often...

    ReplyDelete
  3. After trying a bunch of banh mi from other places, I agree that Nguyen Huong makes the best subs.

    ReplyDelete