Friday, January 29, 2010

Manpuku

qq
curry udon / 2nd noodle refill

Manpuku Japanese Eatery...I'll just say right now that this is my favourite place in Toronto for udon. Hidden away in the Village by the Grange food court (st. patrick/dundas), it's a pretty small place with a limited menu but what they do they seem to do well. So in addition to the udon they also have a few rice dishes, takoyaki, onigiri, and even some desserts with everything here being really affordable. A big reason why I like this place so much is that for an extra $1.10 you can ask for a refill of noodles. So instead of me complaining how I wish they gave a bit more, I can happily walk out of here full for only a dollar more.

Curry udon ($5.99 + tax/tip) is my usual pick and comes in beef or vegetable. Carrots, potatoes, onions, shredded beef, and noodles...nothing too fancy and very tasty. The broth also has a good curry flavour but the biggest selling point are the noodles which just seem to be of a higher quality and have a great texture. They don't seem to give you any extra soup when you get the noodle refill so it's best to save some for round 2...or in this case round 3 lol. Actually I was full after the first refill but I had to prove a point to a friend who thought I couldn't though I don't think I'll be doing that again.

Manpuku Japanese Eatery
29-105 McCaul St
Toronto, ON
RATING:

1 comment:

  1. your blog makes me feel hungry at work! keep up the good work :D

    ReplyDelete